A review from last Tuesday
1.1 Now yoga begins.
1.2 Yoga is the cessation of the fluctuations of the mind.
1.3 When yoga happens, the seer resides in its true abode/ sees its true nature.
1.4 At other times, the seer identifies with the fluctuations of the mind.
Let’s go on
1. 5. There are five fluctuations (vrttis). They may be painful/disruptive to samadhi or not.
1. 6 They are: correct knowledge, incorrect knowledge, illusion, sleep and memory.
1. 7 Correct knowledge arises from direct perception, inference, and the expert authority
1. 8 Incorrect knowledge is false understanding based on inaccurate perception.
1. 9 Illusion or imagination is where an idea is conveyed that has no basis in reality.
1.10 Sleep is the supported cessation of mental fluctuations
1.11 Memory is where things once experienced are not allowed to completely slip away. Or Memory is making the past present
Vritti fluctuation of mind
Pramana Correct knowledge
Viparyaya Incorrect knowledge
Vikalpa Metaphorical thinking